Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sewing Projects! :)

So, lets get this blog caught up a little. Technology has kinda been against me for the last couple of weeks and I am finally back on track. My camera started taking bad pics so these are not great, but you get the idea. Then, my computer charger broke so I was without a computer for about a week! SO, can't get the camera fixed, but we have a spare so my pictures of Rachel will be good, but the laptop is back up and running!

Here are my most recent sewing projects. I made a purse, it has pockets on the inside that match the floral fabric on the top. Can't really tell, but it is brown and has fringe between the two fabrics! I made Hannah this little dress that zips in the back and has sleeves. I took this picture before I ironed it, but hope to get a picture of her wearing it soon! :)
Then my most favorite thing of all...I have learned basic quilting! I have to say this is the project I am most proud of! I never knew how much money and time (and love) goes into each quilt! I have so much more respect for quilters now! I took a jelly roll (didn't even know what it was a few weeks ago, but it is pre-cut strips of fabric) and sewed three strips together, then cut them into squares that I sewed together to make the tops! I had a square made with each of the girls initials to personalize them. Then I added borders and actually quilted them myself! I just finished the binding on Hannah's quilt by hand and still need to do the binding on Rachel's. I decided to go ahead and put pics of Rachel's up, even though it isn't finished so you can see what it looks like! :)
Here is a picture where you can see the backing too! It is flannel and so soft and cozy! I still need to wash it, which will help it all bunch and fluff a little!And here is Rachel's quilt...And her initial, and unfinished edges! Same backing on both! :)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Your projects are so cute! You make me (almost) want to learn to sew. They are awesome!! You guys will be in our prayers!

Elise said...

So cute, you are quite tallented for a newbie. I am trying to do more sewing these days. I made a nap mat cover for Hannah and a nursing cover for me. I would love to learn to quilt, is it hard to do?

gwilleford said...

I am so proud for you!! The quilts really are special! So excited for this weekend and your new little one to be here!! love you!

Will and Ajay's Mom said...

I love it!! They are just darling!! I am so jealous!! You did such a good job!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...