Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes to feel and fit a certain way (comfy and as flattering as possible) and I am an awkward size/shape to fit. I buy clothes in 5 different sizes based on how they fit and that is really hard to describe to a stylist how I need my clothes to fit- hide my rolls, but not be so baggy that it makes me look frumpy- especially since it is someone I have never met! The more fixes I get, the closer we get to figuring out my style and fit. This fix had a few really good picks in it!
Review #6:
-The pink sweater was a little tight across my backside and open weave enough that it looked even tighter than it was. Needed a little more fabric across the front to feel comfortable. (Size XL)
-The green sweater was too long and square that it just felt really frumpy. (Size XL)
-Purple- I loved this shirt, the color and style are perfect, but it was a little tight in the hips and I knew I would constantly be adjusting and tugging on it. This is one of the many times in my life I wish I had a little more sewing skills so I could have made those little v-slits on the side seams to give the shirt a little more freedom to flow over my hips and it would have been perfect. I couldn't size up or it would have been too big in the shoulders. See comment above about having a hard to fit body type...(Size 1X)
-Dress- My mom and sisters loved this one, but it just felt frumpy to me. Being an all over print with a heavier, gathered fabric, it just felt overwhelming. I added the scarf and it looked TONS better, but with it being short sleeved, I hated that I wouldn't be able to wear it multiple seasons since it needed something to break up the neckline. If it were v-neck or a little less fabric in my hips, maybe?? (Size 1X)
-Black lace top- I really liked this one too, but I have 3 other cute black tops currently in my few items that fit rotation and didn't feel like I needed more black. I am trying to add more color to my life, and this didn't work for that. (Size 1X)

Even though I didn't keep anything, I love that I am able to try on styles that I might not normally pick for myself and there is no commitment to keep them. With a free code to order, I am not wasting any money on a chance to find pieces for my closet that I love. The best part for me is that Stitch Fix gives you a second chance! If I return all five items, they give you a free option to try again. If you would like to try a fix for free, use my code https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5639548?sod=w&som=c and it gives you a free fix and me a $25 credit to use! :)

No comments:

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...