Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lifelong Best Friends

Alternately titled: Making the Best Out of a Bad Situation

This holiday break was not without pitfalls. Once we got to Oklahoma. I started trying to figure out when I was going to get together with Sharla and Starla. I found out their dad, Steve, was put in the hospital and had just gotten confirmation he was in need of heart surgery. They spent the holiday in the hospital in OKC and his surgery was scheduled for Saturday. In God's master plan, that was the same day we went to the city to spend Christmas with my dad's family! So, once we could slip away, we went and spent a few minutes hanging out in the hospital with one of my favorite families! It wasn't the way we wanted to see each other, but you take what you can get and I was very glad that I was able to be there for them on a hard day. It would have been worse being in CA and wishing that I could do something and not be able to. I feel truly blessed to know this family and love them like my own! Everyone should have lifelong best friends- 25 years and counting! Hannah and Starla:Hannah and Sharla:
Hannah of course loved Starla's necklace!And just in case you were wondering, Steve is now home recovering! We got to see him awake before we left and I felt much better knowing that he was going to be ok!

No comments:

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...