Friday, June 17, 2011

2011 Summer Bucket List- For the kids

I have seen Summer Bucket Lists done on lots of the blogs that I follow and thought it was a great way to be intentional in the things that we do this year. I have a tendency to choose the easy way out and just go to the same park over and over or just play in the backyard because it is easier. However, I have lived in Utah almost FIVE years and it is embarrassing how little of the area I have explored. Now that the girls are getting bigger and able to do more and enjoy it, we are changing that! So here it is:

2011 Bucket List
- Order Caterpillars- CHECK
- Chalk Paint- CHECK
- Professional Family Pics (either JC Penney or a local photographer)
- One new park per week (attempting to hit all splash parks, and others that look fun)
- Use memberships at least once a month- zoo, aquarium, and children's museum
- Make something in the kitchen with mom once a week including some of these:
      Chocolate Chip Cookies- CHECK
      Donuts- CHECK
      Glo-Snow cones (click on the picture for the link to how to make them)
      Watermelon Waffles
      Brownie Waffles- grr, now its not letting me post the pics, so here is the link
      Banana Ice Cream - its just frozen bananas REALLY blended! :)
      Any other cute stuff I find- suggestions are welcome!

- Hike at least 3 places
- Have one "down" day per week where we stay home (in our jammies when possible)
- Take the girls to the movies (dollar theater)
- Go to the rodeo
- Go to at least one parade
- Downtown Farmers Market
- Grow something (even if its just a bean to watch sprout and grow)
- Make a crazy fort in the house
- Get new books from the library each week to read
- Rent the Disney movies we don't have (including all the princess ones!)

This list will be added to as we go along, but this is what I have on it so far! I also am working on my own bucket list of things that I want to do that doesn't include the kids, such as read one parenting book every two weeks, work on purchasing stuff for Rachel's big girl room so when she is ready to be done with the crib we will be ready, etc. So, do you have a bucket list? Anything that you think we should add to ours?

1 comment:

Alia said...

How fun! I saw the glo drinks, they have 30 glo bracelets at target for 2$ right now..... When/where are some parades???? I saw a cute craft(mops next last meeting lol?) where you make a summer bucket list on scrapbook paper, then frame w a dollar store frame and check off w a dry erase marker, I can show u a pic if u want.... Have fun finishing your list!!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...