Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Bucket List: Homemade Donuts

This summer I will be posting about things as we knock them off our Summer Bucket List. I haven't finished making the list yet, but maybe I will post it when I do. One of the things on it- making homemade donuts with the girls! We started with canned biscuit dough and rolled it out:
 Then we made our holes. Since I couldn't find a small circle cutter, I bought this cute flower one! It took a couple tries before she went all the way through:
 Rachel got a turn too!
 Then for the really unhealthy, dangerous part. The girls ate at the table something slightly healthier than a donut while I cooked them.
 I wasn't sure if you had to dunk them in the glaze while they were still hot, so I made a couple right away and waited on the others for the girls to help. (For the record, it didn't matter)
 Hannah got to help dunk in glaze (powdered sugar/water mixture):
 We also tried chocolate glaze in a bottle and it looks pretty and tastes good, just not the same a donut store chocolate glaze.
 And of course we had sprinkles!

 The finished product (minus the ones we ate along the way)! I actually loved the flower shaped donut holes.
They were delicious!

1 comment:

icenhower-family said...

Fun idea...might have to make a summer bucket list ourselves!! (send me yours, finished or not!)

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...