Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pioneer Day

Only in Utah on July 24 they celebrate Pioneer Day when the Mormon Pioneers settled into the valley. There is a big parade and it is celebrated more than the 4h of July! Yolonda and Glenn had us over for burgers and fireworks. We played in the backyard with a big pink ball they had and Hannah even put on her swimsuit and played in the sprinkler for a little while. While we waited on fireworks, she picked flowers for her hair, but would not sit still long enough to get a cute picture.Rachel played in the grass and with the pink ball:Hannah and Michael did sparklers:

And we all watched and Michael and Glenn lit the fireworks that night. The worst part is in Utah, you can't shoot fireworks into the sky so it is all just fountains and small on the ground fireworks. Definitely not what I am used to growing up in Oklahoma (which is one of the many reasons we go home for the 4th of July)! This is as impressive as they come:

No comments:

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...