Thursday, June 18, 2009

June, so far...

The first weekend in June was the Elks Rodeo and Rodeo Parade. We decided to take Hannah since this would be her first parade that she could actually focus and understand what was going on. She LOVED the horses and enjoyed watching the parade go by. We learned a few lessons for parades in the future, like sit at the start, rather than close to the end because by the time it got to us, everything was so spread out. We left after over an hour and they weren't even halfway through the parade. We knew that the rodeo was at 2 and if we wanted her to get her nap, we needed to head home! Here she and her Daddy are waiting on the parade to start (we sat in the shade until it got to us):

Here she is watching the first few groups go by:

Her reaction to the horses:Watching for the next group:It was "Tough Enough To Wear Pink Day" at the rodeo in support of Breast Cancer Awareness, so we all wore our pink. Hannah kept trying to take her hat off in the car on the way there.At the rodeo, she loved when the girls riding horses carrying the flags would go by. She loved moo-ing at all the cows and seeing all the horses. She did really well for being so young. She actually paid attention and enjoyed herself! (Sara Burks-this proved to me that there is still hope for you to have a chance with my first like I did with yours!) Watching the rodeo:We also had an ultrasound yesterday to check Rachel's growth and they got a great little pic of her face! The arrow is pointing to her chin, the lady remarked it may be another dimple chin! :) She is measuring good, in fact if anything, maybe a little small and definitely not too big, which is good! I started insulin this week and so far it is going well. I really feel more stable on it than I do the oral medications.

Hannah and I are going to Oklahoma next week. We leave on Friday and will come back on the 6th, so anyone that is available, let us know! We would love to see you while we are there!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I am available to see you anytime you want and all the time you want. I am not a bit surprised that Rachel would have the chin dimple. I can't wait to meet her.

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...