Thursday, May 28, 2009

How I Spent My Memorial Day Weekend...

***I just finished this post and realized it is really all over the place! Sorry, but I am too lazy to go back now and make it multiple posts so good luck!**

Michael and I decided to work some more on Hannah's "Big Girl Room" by going to some garage sales on Saturday morning. Since there were tons, we tried to hit the ones that were pushing furniture in their ads. We hit alot of bad ones, but then we hit the jackpot! We went to a retirement community where they were holding estate sales, aka- old junk, and found a great bookshelf. The best part, it was $10 and already white, so one less thing to do!Then we went to our last garage sale of the day and found a dresser and two bedside tables all for $40! Granted, it is yellowed with time and has blue and yellow flowers, but we had a plan! So, a trip to buy white latex paint and some sandpaper and we were ready to unload it in the garage! Here is a closeup of the dresser, one of the nightstands and my hubby, starting the sanding process:Then, I got to painting, and painting, and painting! Everything white!Now came the fun part! We went and had little "sample pots" (8 oz tubs) of six colors color matched to her bedding. Michael taped everything off and I went to painting some more! I love how it all turned out!Now I need to decide if I am going to leave the bookcase plain or add some fun color to it too?? I keep thinking maybe polka dots of different sizes or maybe paint each shelf a different color?? We will see, for now, it is just going to stay white!

Michael and I did however take time off painting to take Hannah to the park to play and to grill a couple of meals out on the grill! We also took a few naps while we had the chance! Here are a few pics at the park:Giving Daddy kisses before going down:Also, this is my newest sewing project! Same pattern still, but we added ruffles, made the top reversible, and did an applique heart! One step at a time! I am starting a new pattern this week as soon as I find some fabric I like!I took a few pics of Hannah playing with Lizzie today! These two are the best of friends (and the worst of enemies)! Hannah will grab one of Lizzie's toys and just run and laugh as Lizzie tackles her and licks her! They are alot of fun to watch and at least when they play, I get a few moments to rest! Last topic from the day, I went in for a Dr. appt and everything looks great. I am setting up an appointment to meet with the nutritionist to discuss my eating since I have been having a few high numbers even though I am eating low carbs. My numbers are still good overall, just a few random tests. I will get a growth scan to check out Rachel's size around 28 weeks and I really hope that she is measuring on track!

2 comments:

April said...

Kim- AWESOME idea for the dresser and night stands! So creative and they look so good!! Hannah's room is going to be so fun and colorful! Glad everything with your pregnancy is going well!

gwilleford said...

Ohhhh!! That is so cute!! Did you say something about asking creative friends for ideas? Don't think you two need any help. The room is going to be perfect!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...