Sunday, May 17, 2009

Nesting in Full Swing! :)

So, as the title states, the nesting bug has settled in hard at our house! That to do list I keep mentioning got just a little smaller this weekend thanks to my sweet husband! When we first moved to CA and we didn't know anyone, we decided to go hit some garage sales one weekend for entertainment. While we were out we ran across a steal of a deal on a full sized canopy bed and decided to buy it for Hannah when she moved to a "big girl" bed. It had everything but the mattresses and it was $40 or less, so even though at the time she was four or five months, we decided it was too cute to pass up. Now, it had a few scratches and dings in the wood that I wasn't willing to sand and re-stain, so we decided to paint it to match her bedding when the time came. Well, a few weeks ago, after lots of internet and store shopping, I found the perfect bedding on Wal-Mart.com and decided to get it while it was on sale! SO, now that it is Rachel for sure and the nursery will stay the same, we were able to take it out of the package and get the bed ready! Here is the bed before the spray painting began yesterday:
My hubby, working on getting the small parts covered:The headboard:And VOILA! The finished product! We have found a few spots that will need a little touch up eventually, but for now, we are pretty pleased with how it looks! I think Hannah likes it too, even though she isn't quite ready for this big of a bed yet!Here is a closer look at the colors and patterns in the bedding. Now, we have the bed and bedding, but we still are on the lookout for a cheap dresser and accessories. Plus, I still am not sure what to do with the canopy part, but luckily we still have a little bit of time! Yeah for being one step closer! :)

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay!! I love the bed and the bedding it is way cute!!

Rhonda said...

I love it. It is so cute. Is there anything I can do to help? let me know
Love
Rhonda

Tom and Cindi said...

Oh sooo cute!
Love the new look of the blog w/ your two girls too!
Love ya!

icenhower-family said...

Way to go Michael!!! Next time you come to visit I'm sure I can find something that needs painting! The bed and bedding is adorable and Hannah just adds to the cuteness!! : )

gwilleford said...

Good job Michael! You are such a good hubby and daddy! It really looks nice with the colorful bedding!

Paulastiefer said...

I love it! I'm sure you can figure out the canopy especially since you can sew!
Maddie will be moving to a big girl bed in a few months also!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...