Sunday, July 6, 2008

Goleman's Visit and 4th of July

Well, I probably should have broken this down into two or three posts, but oh well! First lets start with the Goleman's trip! It was so great for them to come and meet us at Goleta beach. It is about an hour away in North Santa Barbara. It started out pretty warm, but as the wind picked up, it got cooler and so you will see more and more layers added to Hannah! We started out in our swimsuit on the blanked made by Michael's mom. Then we had an up-close visit by the bird man walking on the beach. He really wanted Hannah to love his bird, but she kept looking at Christina like she was thinking, "is he going to go away, what is so special about this bird?"
I really think that her kids had a great time playing in the cold water and rolling in the sand. At one point Michael, Cory, and Ashley buried little David in the sand and gave him a seashell crest like a super hero and then a merman tail. He was a pretty good sport, but I think he liked busting his way out the most!Christina and I really lucked out because the boys had all of her kids totally entertained digging this really big hole and so she and I were able to sit and chat and walk up and down the beach with Hannah. We would occasionally check in with their progress, but they really self entertained and so we were able to just relax and enjoy a good visit! In the end the guys and the kids lost their wall/fort/hole to the rising tide and it all got washed away... Thanks Golemans for being willing to drive two hours out of your way to head north and spend time with us! It was great getting to see you! Now for the 4th of July...
We went to our church cookout and had a great time. Unfortunately, after two beach trips in a row, the sand in my camera was causing a few small glitches and I only got one picture from early on in the day. As I have mentioned before, it is really pretty chilly sometimes and the 4th happened to be one of those days. We started Hannah out in her onesie and capris and then changed into these jeans and then added a jacket and eventually ended up bundled in a blanket. I was in capris and sandals, and I was freezing by the time it was dark enough for fireworks, in fact, everyone started setting them off early because it was so cold! So, since I only have one picture of Hannah at the event and I want to show off how cute she looked, I took some more in her outfit laying on our ottoman so you can see the outfit that was under the blanket! Her shirt says Future Miss America! (On a side note, it is windy here and my hair always looks a mess! I am in the process of deciding if I want to grow my bangs out or keep them so they need a serious trim, but until I decide, they are just dreadful. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome!) Ok, now I will just finish off with some fun pics from today playing with Hannah! When she has on a really cute outfit, I just can't help but take a few pics of her being all cute! Today she is in her H-bling shirt and she was just playing on our bed with me so I snapped a few shots and a quick video! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hannah is so precious and beautiful and I miss her so much. The pics are wonderful. I love you guys so much. Keep the bangs, I love them.

Love
Mom

Janene said...

Cute pictures. Hannah is getting big!

Mama C said...

Kim, I look at your blog often and I LOVE seeing the updated pictures of your beautiful little Hannah! What a gorgeous little girl!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...