Thursday, July 24, 2008

Carla and Heath

Ok, time for a new update! This past weekend we had a great visit from my sister Carla and her husband Heath. They came out and spent some time with us and a little time in LA. It was great getting to see them and hang out. We of course took them to "the windy beach" (Guadalupe) just because it has some really cool waves and is just a different beach experience. It was freezing (as usual) and so Carla, Hannah and I didn't spend very long at the beach and spent most of the time in the car! I stole a few pics off of their Shutterfly group they sent and it did some weird resizing, so sorry about the smaller ones!


The whole time they were here (and pretty much since), Hannah had a fascination with sticking her tongue out like this:Most of her pics from this weekend, she is making this same face! She totally cracks me up! I kept telling Carla and Heath that I didn't have any pics of them with Hannah, so on Sunday we took some pics of them with her. We had a great time with them and were glad that they were able to come and see where we live. Carla couldn't get over how cold it is here. She was hoping to go home with a California tan, but where we are, it just really isn't warm enough for that!My favorite time of every day is bathtime with Hannah. There is just something about wet, happy kids that is just too cute! I should have known that bathtime would be my favorite since it was always my favorite time with Cindi's kids! She is just so cute now that she rolls over in the tub and looks up at me with wet eyelashes and smiles, there is nothing better! She kicks and splashes and has the best time! Heath took these of her while they were here (yes, they resized weird when I copied them)!And, for those of you who don't know, I finally caved and got "the mom haircut"! I had been debating it for a while and just decided to go for it! I kept saying that I wasn't going to be one of those people that cut all my hair while I was pregnant, and then I decided I wasn't going to do it right after I had her, but finally, now that she is not napping as much and she is pulling my hair, I caved! I am excited about how much faster I can fix it and how much less she has pulled my hair since cutting it, but I am still trying to get used to having so much less hair! I also have realized, I am not as good as Kristen at self portraits!
Also, since the rest of my family was going to try to come here in August and it didn't fit their schedules, Hannah and I are going back to OK! We leave on the 8th and come back on the 17th. Michael is having a hard time with the idea of not seeing Hannah for that long, but luckily we have the webcams and so he can at least "see" her everyday!

2 comments:

Janene said...

Cute haircut. :)

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE your hair!!

Hey can you let me know how you did your page...ive been trying to get a background I can kinda do myself, but I can't figure how to do it?

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...