Monday, June 23, 2008

Yolonda and Glenn- The Utah Grandparents!

We were very blessed this weekend by a visit from Yolonda and Glenn! They drove in on Friday and headed back early this morning. We had so much fun, even though it was hot (record highs over 100 with no air conditioning in our house)! On Saturday we all went to Michael's work picnic at a local park. It was great getting to meet some of his co-workers and they really did a great job. They served chicken and tri-tip steak and had blow-up jumpers for the kids. They also had a face painter come and a mobile frozen yogurt truck! On each of the tables they had boxes of sand with construction vehicles for the kids to play in. Michael and the other management team served us dinner, so Michael had to wear a granite apron! Here are a few picnic pics!After the picnic, Yolonda and I headed to the mall to do a little shopping! I have had some of my most fun shopping trips with her and this was no exception! I miss having someone to go shopping with, especially someone who knows and understands all of the struggles that I go through to find stuff that fits and looks flattering! We were able to find some cute stuff and most of it was on sale! Then on Sunday, we went to church and then went home and changed so we could go and play! We drove up to San Luis Obispo and ate lunch at the Madonna Inn. We then headed down to Avila Beach and walked down the pier. On our way back down the pier we heard and were able to see a couple of sea lions. I got a short video of one of them before they moved out of sight! I have never seen one outside of a zoo, so it was a fun treat for me!

Since we were close, we stopped by Avila Valley Barn and got some ice cream and then headed to Guadalupe Beach. Those of you that follow this blog will remember Avila Valley Barn from the last post and Guadalupe Beach from when my mom (GG) and Kathy came. It is still the windiest place that I have ever been and the waves were coming in just as big this time. Luckily, it was warmer outside, so we were able to put a jacket on Hannah and get out in it. Michael put her feet in the sand and then later dipped her feet in the freezing cold water. She didn't like the cold water much! All of us were standing close to the edge when all of the sudden a wave came up much further than the rest and got me, Michael and Yolonda wet! Glenn got away, but just barely!Afterwards we headed to the house and cooked dinner and just hung out. I wish we could have had a few more days together, but I am thankful for the time we got and look forward to future trips!

3 comments:

Janene said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I want to come and visit!

Rhonda said...

I am so glad that Yolanda and Glenn got to visit with you. I know how much you miss them and I know that they love you guys. Hope to see you soon
Love
Mom

Jeana said...

I love reading about your travels and experiences in California and it sounds like you had a wonderful time with Yolanda and Glenn - I can hear your heart in what you type. And I have to say, you look so fabulous in all your pics but especially the last one on the beach...gorgeous! Love and miss you guys!!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...