Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Friends and a New Toy!

Hannah and I are having a great summer so far! We found out that our church does "Summer Fun Days" every Monday at different places. So far we have gone to Nojoqui Falls for a picnic and to Avila Valley Barn for berry-picking and to look at the small animal petting zoo. We are also doing a summer Bible study at the church we attend MOPS. Here are some pictures to share of some of our new friends. I forgot to take my camera to the picnic, so these are from our trip Monday to Avila Valley Barn. We rode with Amber and her daughter, HannahLee (2), and Cori and her daughter, Kaley (2). There were other moms and kids there, but all I have pictures of is our small group. The first is HannahLee picking berries!Amber was showing the girls which berries were good ones to pick and constantly cleaning berry stained hands. HannahLee wasn't liking having her fingers dirty. Her friend Kaley on the other hand, couldn't eat enough! She ate all that she picked and more! I borrowed Amber's Baby Bjorn to carry Hannah in so that we could walk around and play with the big girls. Hannah isn't quite big enough to participate in the activities, but she is getting exposed to alot and she and I are making friends!Since I had my hands free and the camera, I was able to capture a few fun moments along the way. This is Cori and Kaley, and Amber and HannahLee by the petting zoo.When we stopped to eat lunch, we also decided to try some of the homeade ice cream they make in the sweet shop! Kaley and Cori shared well- I bite for her, and a bite for mom!I think HannahLee ended up wearing as much of her icecream as she ate!Also this week, Hannah received a new toy from her Grandma and Grandpa (Michael's parents). It is a new walker/play station. The seat rotates around the table as she walks to the different activity stations. She can (slowly) on tiptoe work her way around the table. As with everything else, it is all about trying to figure out if she can get it in her mouth! So far, the piano area is her favorite because it lights up and plays music when she hits the buttons! That one obviously fits in the mouth quite well!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I am so glad that Hannah likes her new toy. She looks like she is having a good time playing. Thank you for letting us get that for her. We love and miss all of you and can't wait to see you again.
Love
Rhonda
Give Hannah hugs and kisses from Grandpa and Grandma

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...