Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What?!

OK, so I will be going in for surgery on Friday to have my gall bladder removed. I am sure most of you are a little shocked at this point, as you should be! I went to the ER last night/this morning at one because I had been in severe pain since around 10 pm. They ran some tests and did an ultrasound and apparently the pain I was having was a gall bladder attack and my gall bladder is full of stones (the tech referred to it as gravel). They were surprised I wasn't having more problems because I had only had one other attack (thought it was heartburn at the time since it only lasted about 15 minutes). It is so full that it is inflamed and so they want to take it out immediately -plus they want me recovered before I get on a plane next Wednesday. I will find out the surgery time tomorrow, but it is outpatient so I will be home Friday night and will spend the weekend recovering. One of my best friends, Cindi, is having surgery tomorrow, so maybe we will have a recovery party and watch chick flicks over the weekend. So, keep the prayers coming for me and Cindi!

3 comments:

Janene said...

Wow. That's some news. I am sorry to hear that you need to have surgery. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

I'll be praying for you

NathanaelAndHeather said...

Hey, Kim. Praying for you. How did everything go?

Heather

Jeana said...

Hey lady...had you on my mind...I hope everything is going great for you after the surgery and you can enjoy your little jaunt over to California. I have you in my prayers and thoughts as always. Love you guys!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...