Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 1st

We went today for our second 3-D ultrasound and of course, Hannah decided not to play nice. I am really hoping this is no indication of how she will act once she gets out of there! She kept her arm or hand across her face and she had her foot up there in the way too! SO, these are the best pics that he could get of her face and they aren't fabulous, but the poor guy tried as hard as he could. Hopefully you can see her nose or chubby cheeks in each of them since they are kinda hard to interpret!

I had a ton of appointments this week (two non-stress tests, two appointments at diabetic care center, an ultrasound, and an OB appointment), but everything still looks good! They measured Hannah at the ultrasound and she is measuring within a week of where she should be which is how she has measured the whole time. My OB said that we will continue to watch her development before they make any final decisions, but as of now they are thinking that they will want to induce at 39 weeks if I don't deliver before then. Until then, I will now be going for the non-stress tests twice a week, my OB appointment once a week and to diabetic care every two weeks. It is nice to be monitored so closely, but I feel bad for all the work that I am having to miss.

Once again, my husband was able to surprise me and make my day. This week on Wednesday when I came home from AWANA, there was a decorated tree sitting in our living room! He had gone and bought a tree, strung the lights and put on the ornaments, he even bought a tree skirt! I know that for people that don't know my husband well, this doesn't seem like a big deal, but those of you who do know him know my husband is somewhat of a Scrooge and we haven't had anything bigger than a 12 inch tree since we have been married! Since we usually don't spend Christmas at our own house, he hasn't thought that we needed a tree (and we have always lived in small places so we haven't had a place for one even if I wanted it), but since he knew that not going home for Christmas was going to be hard for me, he decided to get a tree for us to have to enjoy this year.

Also this week Michael and I were able to go to Wal-Mart and Babies R Us to get the things we still needed with the gift cards from the showers. I think we are finally getting close to having all the important things! Hopefully in the next few weeks we will be able to finish getting the nursery put together and get some pictures posted for everyone to see. Right now, it is all in nice organized stacks waiting to be put in it's place! I can't wait to have it all put together and ready for her to come home to. Six or seven weeks isn't long to get it ready with all the holiday festivities!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I think Hannah is the most beautiful Baby Girl in the whole world and I can't wait to get to hold and kiss her. I am so proud of Michael and am so happy that he got the tree for you, I guess maybe he is beginning to get the decorating spirit from his mom after all. I love and miss the two of you. Love mom

Sandy said...

Kim and Michael,
Well, she tried to hide, but we can still see she's a beauty. What cute little cheeks! I'm sure traveling to all those doctor appts. is making you crazy, but anything to keep you and that little one safe and sound. Once again Michael wins the "most amazing husband" award - way to go Michael! Praying for the three of you. Sandy and Gary

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...