Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some links on mothering

It has been too long since I updated and there is lots to share. I came back to a computer on the fritz, so it has made posting not an option until today. Now that my computer seems to be functioning again, I wanted to share a few things that I hoped to share on Mother's Day. I read this post on Lots of Scotts and I feel like it really sums up how I feel alot of the time.

I have my dream job and I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my kids. It's amazing the difference the picture I had in my head of what being a stay-at-home mom would look like compared to the reality of what it is. There are WAY too many days that I am frustrated, exhausted, and overwhelmed, but I am still extremely thankful for the opportunity to be with my kids. I am constantly trying to find some balance in my life and a way to feel like I am doing what I need to do for my family and for myself. I think this post is a good place to start and I am working on figuring out what those three things are for my husband and what I want them to be for my kids. Another post that really helped my perspective is from a new blog one of my real life friends wrote. She just started her blog this week and it was just what I needed to hear.

Hopefully there are others of you out there that can benefit from these links or maybe you have some wisdom of your own that you would like to pass along to me! :)

1 comment:

Just Mama Jenni said...

thanks for putting a link for my blog! Muaah! We are looking forward to Wednesday :)

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...