Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Huntington Beach

Well, we had the great privilege of spending the weekend in Huntington Beach with Yolonda and Glenn at her sister's house. She and Glenn were house/dog sitting for her sister while they are on vacation and invited us down to spend a few nights hanging out with them. We went down to the pier and ate at Rubies (awesome Chocolate Turtle shake by the way) and drove along the beach a little. We were able to go to, as Glenn put it, the "Cadillac of swap meets" and walk around. I ended up with a new wallet, but mostly it was fun just to look! Yolonda and I got the chance to talk and catch up, which I always enjoy, and we just hung out and played with Hannah! Michael and I both talked about how nice to just get away for the weekend. Her sister's house is amazing and only a few miles from the ocean! We felt blessed to be able to just go and hang out with Glenn and Yo! Once again, I was a slacker with the pics and hope to get copies of Yolonda's pictures to fill in the gaps! I really have to start getting my camera out more...

Since we are talking about how much we love our time with the Poret's, I wanted to get it out that Michael, Hannah and I will be spending Thanksgiving in Utah with them. We are hoping to arrive in Utah early Wednesday morning and leave on Sunday morning. I doubt that we will make it to church on Sunday, but maybe we can squeeze in some time with the people that will be in town for the holiday!

2 comments:

Janene said...

Yay! I am excited you'll be in Utah. :)

Hannah is getting big!

Rhonda said...

I am so happy that Michael, you and Hannah will be with people that love you for Thanksgiving. It is so hard to have you guys so far from home on Holidays, knowing that you may be alone. I am so thankful that you have Glen and Yo. I love you.

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...