Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Well, this Mother's Day has been exceptionally great! Michael bought me a webcam and also one for each of our mothers so that we can all feel more connected with the miles between us. As an added bonus, we also went and had family photos made (I will post the link when they become available online)! I feel truly blessed to have a wonderful, healthy baby girl to celebrate with today. Having her has changed my life in so many ways that I can't even count! However, I have to say, even though this is the first Mother's Day that I have been recognized as a mother, I feel as though it is my second Mother's Day. Last year I was celebrating with two babies in heaven and it really was a struggle for me. I felt like I deserved the right to be called "mom" even though I didn't have a child in my arms to "prove" it. During this time, I have come to know other women in my life and online that have also struggled with fertility issues or miscarriage, some quietly inside, and others very publicly. I have gathered strength from them when I didn't have any and have gone to them to whine and complain when everyone around me just couldn't take it anymore. It was one of the hardest times in my life and I know that I am forever changed. So, to all of you out there that are struggling to become mothers or are celebrating today without your child in your arms, Happy Mother's Day to you!

No comments:

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...