Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 16

Well, the last few days have been hard for me. I unfortunately sometimes let my fears get out of control and they kinda take over- SO- I broke down and went back to the Dr. on Monday to hear the heartbeat and reassure myself that the baby is still doing OK! Everything is going well and luckily I have a great Dr. that is willing to do whatever it takes to get me through this time. I am just really ready to be able to feel the baby so I don't have to wonder!

This past week I have started making a list of books that I want to read on parenting and have already finished one! If you have any suggestions on parenting books that you would highly recommend, please pass them along! I am looking for books about discipline, biblical child rearing, how to have fun with your kids, etc. I figure some of you have read and attempted to implement some of the techniques and know which ones are realistic and which are impossible to put into place! Since I think I have my pregnancy bases covered (What to expect when you are expecting, Pregnancy week by week, and the Girlfriends guide to pregnancy), it is time to start working on our plan of action for once the baby gets here!

Here it is, the 16 week pregnant pic!

Prayer for the week:
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalms 62:5

Pray for Michael and I that we can rely on Him for rest and reassurance. (Michael is so much better at this than I am!) Pray that once "little bean" gets here that he/she will find it's hope in God alone as well.

5 comments:

Janene said...

I am glad I found your blog. I will read it often!

I am interested to see what books people recommend (just so I have a good resource when my time comes to be a mom).

You are in my prayers.

Janna said...

You make such a cute pregnant girl (I knew you would). You are in our prayers, I have been there and know how hard it is to not let fear overtake you. Remember God is in control and we will keep praying. As far as books go I am no help however after 4 kids I must say consistency is the key (especially after they can talk back):)Love ya Lots

Rhonda said...

Hey babe I love the picture. You are so pretty and even though I can't see your face in the pic I know that you are glowing. Can't wait to see you and get to spend some time with you. Love to you, Michael and Baby.

Love
Mom

Leanna said...

Kim,
I think this is a great idea! This way we get to feel like we are a part of your whole experience. We are praying for you guys, especially "Little Bean." Your life is about to change and will never be the same again. God gives us many blessings, but none (except salvation) are as wonderful as becoming parents. I look forward to the weeks ahead as we go through this experience with you.
Love and blessings,
Leanna

YOUR KING said...

My Princess.....Trust Me with those you love

I know your heart, and I know how much you love those close to you. I am your Creaator and the Giver of every good gift. I have given you loved ones to share your life with. But you, My child, must remember that those you love utltimately elong to Me. I didn't gi e you those special relaionships to teaar ou apart or th control yo through fear of the future. Like Abraham did with his only son, Isaac, I need you to open your heart and give back to Me those you love. Trust Me with everything that concerns ou regarding them. Place your hand in Mine, and I PROMISE I will walk you and your loved ones through all things this life brings.

Love,
YOUR TRUSTWORTHY KING
Psalm 125:1
Those who trust in the LORD are secure as Mount Zion: they will not be defeated but will endure forever.

by Sheri Rose Shepherd

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...