Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween 2017

This year both girls struggled to come up with a costume idea they were excited about. We went back and forth for over a month and looked at costumes every time we were at Walmart, but couldn’t find anything they loved. Hannah had the idea to be a nerd. We were able to buy some $5 sunglasses and pop the lenses out and some $6 suspenders and use clothes she already had! I think it turned out really cute! Carrying her Dictionary was all her own idea, but after a few houses she decided it was too heavy. The first picture was Halloween night when it was 40 degrees outside and the second was for Trunk-or-Treat on Sunday when it was 70 degrees! We had to add lots more layers on Tuesday!

 Rachel had to be convinced a little on her 80’s costume. We looked on Pinterest and she didn’t like anything! She also is picky about not having an itchy costume so once I found the sliver leggings and oversized sweatshirt I talked her into it! We had the “leg warmers” (aka baby legs from when she was a baby) and a friend with a crimping iron and it was perfect!
This was also the first year I let them design and carve their own pumpkins. Giving them the chance to try things and give up control is really hard for me, but they did a great job!


No comments:

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...