Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Weekend

Well, this weekend was really good! We had our first shower at the church and it was incredible! I can't tell you how much work went into it and it was everything I could have hoped for and SO much more! The girls had so many homemade touches everywhere, which made it so special for me. We had a great turnout and Michael and I got lots of great stuff for baby Hannah! Here are some pics!
Pic of me with the hostesses (L to R): Stacia, Cindi, Ginny, Me, Yolonda, Angie, and Christina.
The girls had a surprise for me and Michael. When he showed up toward the end to thank everyone for coming and all they had done, they had this "Daddy Duty" apron for him that had everything you can imagine shoved in all the pockets! It had a pacifier hanging off it, teething toy, baby food with spoons, bottle, diapers, wipes, booties, hair bands, bath time soap and lotion, toys, hand sanitizer, diaper cream...you name it, and it was there! Michael was a good sport and wore it during the remainder of the shower. Of course, I think part of that is because he liked the toy!
We feel so blessed to be loved by so many people here in Utah! I never thought that living here less than two years we could make such great friends and have a church we truly feel a part of. God is truly a great God!
Prayer of the week:
"He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled." Joshua 24:17b
Michael and I are very much looking forward to being in Oklahoma to spend some time over the holiday with family and friends and have a shower for Miss Hannah! However, we are not overly excited about the drive there! Pray that we would have safe travel and that we would be able to get the rest we need along the way. Pray that my blood sugar levels would be within the limits. I will be going on oral insulin this week and really want to get my number where they are supposed to be so that Hannah stays healthy.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda said...

Looks like you got lots of stuff and like you are having a great time. Can't wait to see you and Michael. I am so proud that you got all that stuff and now are going to get even more when you get home. I love Hannah, you and Michael so very much.
Love
mom

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...