Monday, November 10, 2008

Michael's Trip

Now it is time to show you what Michael did while Hannah and I were in Oklahoma! He left on Monday and headed to Tinaja Hills, AZ (which is just outside of Tuscon) to go to CAT school. Caterpillar opens their training facility once a year for Granite employees to come and do training. This year it was the Safety Department's turn. There were 68 Granite safety employees on this trip to learn the function, safety, repair, and troubleshooting on different machines. Michael got to play on a CAT 345 Excavator (track hoe) and a 980H Loader. Here are some of the pics: 1)the guys having a meeting 2)demonstration of the bulldozers 3) what Michael did, the machine he ran and yes, he had to put the dirt in the back of a truck driven by someone in his group 4)closer view of the excavator.
As a side note, I have added a few more links in my blogs that I like list including Carla and Heath's new blog about her pregnancy. Feel free to check them out!

1 comment:

Sara Burks said...

Are you sure this was a safety session and not just a time for MEN to get together, drive BIG equipment, move the earth around, and grunt like TIM ALLEN! Michael, I am sure Jacob is having a fit reading this sitting in his office all day!
Kim... glad to see you got your pancakes!!!
We miss you guys, and wish we could reach out and give you all a BIG HUG!!!!

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...