Sunday, November 15, 2009

Goodbye...

Yesterday we had a very hard day. We had to say goodbye to our beloved dog, Lizzie. We got her when she was just 8 weeks old and we have had her for almost eight years. She was our first baby. She was with us through all of our moves, through the miscarriages, through the birth of both of our girls, basically almost all of our married life. She got really sick on Friday night around midnight, but by the morning she was doing better. We went by the vet and they said just to make sure she got lots of fluids and ate some bland food to help her tummy. A few hours later, she was so weak she couldn't even stand and so we took her to the vet. They said her body temp was pretty low for a dog and that her organs could be shutting down. They said they could try to admit her to the animal hospital and save her, but there was no guarantee. We didn't want her to have to suffer, so we had to make the call to have her put down. It was a hard decision, but it was what was best for her. We will miss you Lizzie, you were the best dog!

5 comments:

April said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm sure that was a very hard day.

Unknown said...

It is amazing how much of the family they become. I am very sorry for your loss.

California Riggalls said...

Yes, that is a very sad day! I am so sorry and just teared up reading it. xxoo ~z

Janene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janene said...

That is so sad. I am sorry you had to say goodbye.

Stitch Fix #6

I have been signed up with Stitch Fix for a while and I very rarely order a Fix because frankly, I am just super picky. I like my clothes t...