Sunday, September 28, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Well, the last two days she has been trying to pull up on things, mostly unsuccessfully. In fact, yesterday, she had three boo-boos by bedtime from her failed attempts (one from the chair she hit at church, one from busting her lip trying to pull up on my leg, and one from hitting her head on the side table trying to pull up on her diaper basket)! Well, today, she finally did it! She pulled up on the chair ALL BY HERSELF!! Can you believe it? I was sitting here at the computer (you can see it behind her head) and instead of just getting part of the way up, she was standing there smiling all proud of herself for figuring it out! I can't believe that at 8 months we are going to have to be careful of not only what is on the floor, but now what she can pull up to! If only all of our furniture was fully padded and there were extra cushions on the floor to help with all of her new adventures!
Once I get the chance I will capture the action on video to share with you! Kim
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
So a few of you have been confused by my description of how Hannah attempts to crawl, so I decided to post a video so that you get a better idea. She is very mobile and I think that it works really well. As far as I am concerned, this IS crawling, just not the traditional way!
(Just an FYI: I kept the camera rolling because it captured her 'trucker voice' since she has had some congestion lately. I think it is due to teething, but you never know. Also, the toy she is playing with is an empty crystal light container with cheerios-one of her favorites! And yes, that is the dog doing her best to get in the picture! I love how she looks at me in both videos and smiles, makes me feel cool-one of the best things of motherhood!)
And, this just shows the happier side of Hannah and Lizzie's relationship, which is not always the case! Hannah likes to grab handfuls of Lizzie or crawl to where she is and torture her. Luckily, Lizzie is a really good sport!
Friday, September 5, 2008
One night she and her Daddy were playing airplane in the floor and I thought it was cute and snapped these pictures! She loves playing with her Daddy!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
The tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you’re tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
1) I am finally learning how to like vegetables! I know that I am 28 and should have been eating them all along, but lets face it, I haven't ever liked them! Becoming a mom has made me want to eat right so that I can teach her (eventually) to eat right too, so I am having to suck it up and deal! (And to be honest, some of them are pretty good!)
2) I hate to clean showers/tubs! I don't mind cleaning the sinks or even the toilet, but I hate to scrub the walls and all the soap nooks in the shower! Because of this we have a Scrubbing Bubbles Maid for Shower in our tub, but still, it isn't as efficient as I am so I still have to do it, even if it is only monthly...
3) The older I get, the more detail oriented I become. I want to know the exact specifics on things and becoming a mother has only heightened my detail issues!
4) I get irritated with people who think that your life is open to them and ask questions like, "so, are you going to have more kids and when?", "being a stay at home mom you should have all the time in the world to help with _______ (like we don't do anything during the day)," etc. I mean, if a close friend or family member asks, it is one thing, but people that I don't even know, it is a little much!
5) I would love to go on What Not to Wear, or another makeover show, just to hear what they have to say (and get $5000 worth of clothes), but I wouldn't want to watch myself on TV! No one should have to see themselves on the secret footage or in the 360 mirror!
6) I wish that I kept better in touch with people. I am terrible at letter writing or sending cards. I also am getting to the point where I am not even good at calling people. Basically, it has come down to the point that email communication is the only thing that I am good at, and even then sometimes it is a few days later. There are so many people that I wish that I still talked to and kept up with, but they don't make the first move and I don't either, so I have lost touch with so many people that I still really care about!
I tag Janene Day, Carla Keller, Jeana Lipscomb, Jodi Spiva, Crystal Harper, and Paula Mora!